Thursday, March 17, 2016

Sorrentino's Gluten Free and a night at the Winspear Centre

My girlfriend Elaine scored us some amazing tickets to go to the Winspear Centre to hear "Time for Three" play with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra.

So I thought it fitting that I take my good friend out for a lovely supper before we were to enjoy the music.

Very handy as it is a short walk from the Winspear Centre is Sorrentino's downtown -
I have been here once before to eat and decided this was the perfect place to dine.

I did of course before we went take a look at their downtown menu  and was very encouraged to see the words gluten-free and celiac in plain print.

 I decided when we were there to go with the "Panccheri Frutti di Mare" dish - they made it with a gluten free penne pasta - with shrimps, mussels, calamari in a spicy marinara sauce.  The sauce was not too spicy at all, a slight kick that went so well with all the rich seafood (though the server did mention that the chef could bump up the spice if the diner preferred), and I was so pleased to see that the amount of seafood was in perfect proportion to the pasta.  The whole dish was delicious - and definitely would go on my favourites list for pasta dishes.


Then it was off for a short stroll to the Winspear Centre to an enjoyable evening of musical entertainment.

With the Winspear Centre, the Citadel and the Art Gallery of Alberta all being close by it is a lovely place to have a good meal and then go out for an cultural evening.

Sorrentino's Restaurant - Downtown
10162-100 street
Edmonton, AB
780-424-7500 reservations recommended
can also reserve on Open Table

No comments:

Post a Comment