Tuesday, January 24, 2012

De Lux Burger ... WEM ... revisited

Well I know a while back I wrote how much we truly enjoy the 142nd location of Delux Burger ~ while our first encounter at the West Edmonton Mall location left something to be desired ... well things have changed since then and I thought I should update my post and rewrite a review on Delux Burger Bar in West Edmonton Mall (WEM).

The WEM location has an added benefit over the 142nd street one for the fact that they had the room to be able to put in a dedicated fryer ~ therefore they have a much larger selection than at the other location now.  It's nice that they have an awesome MENU printed up with all these selections now ~ that because of being so different than the paper on the table menus it helps reinforce to the waiters and waitress' that you are ordering from the Gluten free menu and gives a bit more ease of mind when ordering in such a busy establishment.  We have eaten at the WEM location more than once ~ have retried the burgers there which I am happy to say have come along way from our first taste test and have traveled to the juicy and tasty burgers that we so love from the 142nd street location, it's been great ~ and the added plus - we can order FRENCH FRIES!!!  Both the Sweet Potato (Yam) Fries and the regular French fries can be ordered because of the dedicated fryer and they are awesome.  Homecut style fries that are crispy on the outside and melt in your mouth soft on the inside.  It is funny but before I was diagnosed I wasn't a big fry eater ~ but it is surprising what you can crave when it becomes a little harder to attain ~ and these fries are delicious.



Besides the yummy "Guilt Free Burger"- which consists of:
 7 oz. Heritage Angus beef, caramelized onions, portabella mushrooms, gluten free bun
(I didn't get a picture of the Burger because my guy ordered this and dug in before I realized I would like to take a couple pictures ha ha) 

I have become very fond of the:
Century's Lollipop Chicken Wings
Seasoned crispy drumettes, spicy sambal plum dip


 I find for me that is a great quick lunch or supper - an order of the chicken wings and a half order of the fries ~ yum ... not the healthiest alternative I have to say ... but sometimes we just need to indulge and have our burgers, wings and fries ...

I would definitely comment that the WEM location has come a long way since I first sat down to try a burger there ~ and their service is timely and always have had an awesome wait and serving staff ~ they are attentive and friendly ... A definite plus to the dining at Delux Burger Bar ... at either location.  :)

So Delux Burger Bar - West Edmonton Mall Location - On Bourbon Street - REVISITED - REVIEWED - and given a thumbs up ...

Cheers
Sherri  




No comments:

Post a Comment